CarrieW

CarrieW

Killing Sarai (Killing Sarai, #1)

Killing Sarai (Killing Sarai, #1) - J.A. Redmerski Riot of Emotions.

That is the best way I can sum up my feelings regarding Killing Sarai.

Immense sorrow, anticipation, suspense, judgmental, irritated, incredibly sad, hopeful... at one point I was so pissed off I almost DNF. But at the end.. it all clicked. Somehow the author pulled all that discordance together and made it work. Sort of.

Because I really don't think I ever connected with Victor. There was just something unbelievable about his feelings for Sarai. Sarai's vacillation between numb and hypersensitive, confused and deadly intent... I was sold. But I don't think I was given enough about Victor to understand him. There was something... some catalyst between the 2 characters that I missed. At one point Victor tells Sarai "You made me feel real emotions. You unlocked me." WHEN? WHEN DID SHE UNLOCK YOU, VICTOR?? We find out early on that he is a bit of a rogue killer... he lets his conscious guide him even before he ever met Sarai. So exactly what was so different about her... how did she push Victor's buttons to open his heart to her?

The ending isn't a cliffhanger but it isn't a resolution either. I'm invested in Sarai and her journey. Invested whether Victor is there or not. Because lack of emotions isn't going to be Sarai's problem. A blind quest for vengeance? Yeah. That might be her ultimate undoing.